GA4 is the biggest thing to happen in analytics in a decade! Despite the PR from Google Analytics (GA) about this ‘upgrade’, it is not a carbon copy of Universal Analytics. On the contrary, it is a completely new model that will impact everything we do around reporting.
Every single website that uses GA is going to have to break from what they traditionally know about Universal Analytics and adapt, migrate, and learn how to use the new platform.
But let’s face it. No one likes change, change is hard. However, change also brings new opportunities, and there are some things we can do in GA4 that will get you really excited.
Join Jill Quick for this Sherpa Society workshop where you will look together at how to navigate your journey of using GA as you know it, to the new GA4 model, and how you can use GA4 to get more out of your marketing strategies.
Overall, this workshop is for you if…
- You want to understand how GA4 works and how it is different from UA.
- You want to grasp the data model and understand how you should approach your measurement strategy.
- You want to learn about the capabilities of GA4 and the opportunities they bring for you.
- You want to know how to create a GA4 migration plan for your measurement objectives.
- You want to understand the user interface. Where the reports live and how to use them.
This workshop will walk you through the theory and will provide workshop activities to drive home the application and practical use of GA4. Jill will provide some GA4 migration worksheets to use in the session, which you are free to use for our own measurement plans. You should come to the session with access to a Google Analytics account. That said, you can use the Google Analytics Demo Account if you are unable to get access to one.
Note: this session does not include GTM implementation (theory or practice).