According to a study conducted in the US by Forbes, more than half of all American employees are unhappy at work. And as employers in many international markets struggle with the massive exodus dubbed “The Great Resignation”, the importance of employer branding seems greater than ever.
In an interview for Authority Magazine, fellow Sherpa Bryan Adams shared these five things managers and executives can do to create a fantastic work culture that will keep people happier:
1. Check-in more frequently with direct reports.
2. Encourage employees to connect and talk with each other.
3. Be more transparent in what is going on in the organization.
4. Enhance reward and recognition to more structure.
5. Create space for open and honest communication.